Alice Frost

Alice Frost

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Challenge


Found this on Facebook and decided to give it a try. The closest book to me was The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales. The first sentence on page 45 was this "My love for is so great, that if all the leaves on all the trees were tongues, they could not declare it." Creepy? Kinda but when you read the entire paragraph it becomes kind of romantic and seeing as I have no love life.

"My love for her is so great, that if all the leaves on all the trees were tongues, they could not declare it. I will give my life to win her. You are my most faithful John, you must help me."

Now the story this came from was Faithful John, which in Grimm fashion was dark and disturbing. I originally was going to tell you what the story was about but I think it's more fun to have you go read the story yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment