Alice Frost

Alice Frost

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Prompt #1 Part 2

My brother has expressly asked (told) that I finish my prompt story or he will stop feeding me. Me being the fat girl I am can't let this happen. (Yes I am a BBW and I use the word fat towards myself. Get over it.) So as per His Royal Highness Dork-fer-brains has asked, I will continue with the story.

Also, everything is unedited. So if something doesn't make sense or sounds weird it's because I'm not extensively editing it like I normally would.


"But Jack! Look at him!" Izzy held up the mouse, and Jack flinched away a bit.:

Billy snorted at her. "Do I look like a Mogwai? Yes I can eat after midnight and I can get in water and stay there as long as I want. My kind reproduce in the usual way."

"Oh?" Carly asked.

"Yes, when we are ready for a youngling we cut off our hands and watch them regenerate," he said with a straight face.

She stared at him in horror. "Really?!"

He burst out laughing. "No, not really. We reproduce just like humans."

"So what exactly are you? I know that you look like a gremlin but that doesn't mean that is what you are," she said.

He looked at her solemnly. She was definitely different from any human he had ever met. But there had to be something special about her if the landlady rented out to her. "My dad was a selkie and my mom was a dragon. It screwed up my genetics, hence the green skin and gremlin like appearance when I shift."

She blushed and bit her lip. "I think you're cute in either form." She kept her eyes downcast, afraid that she might have freaked him out.

"For a human you are quite strange," he replied, stunned at her confession.

The closet door banged open, startling them both. A tall figure draped in bright purple fabric stepped out of the inky depths. The figure stood still for a moment before pushing the fabric from it's face. If it wasn't for his golden goatee, Carly would have thought he was a woman of the supermodel variety.

"Haven't I told you never to keep a human for a pet. They are so needy. Constantly needing food and attention. We've talked about this," the man said, his voice soft and lyrical.

Billy shook his head. "She isn't my pet, Gladius, she's my new roommate. What's with the dramatic entrance?"

Gladius sat down on Carly's little bed and leaned back. He was the epitome of gracefulness. "I just came back from a visit to the old hag's place."

"Your mother isn't a hag, she's the Goddess of Beauty," Billy retorted.

Gladius just snorted. "She's a hag. She refuses to acknowledge  that she even gave birth to me." He sighed. "Sometimes it sucks being the bastard child of a goddess and the King of Nightmares."

"At least you know your father," Carly said quietly. "Mine took off the moment he found out Momma was pregnant with me."

Gladius leaned forward, examining her. "You are an interesting human. I didn't think your kind were allowed to even step foot in this place." He looked sharply at Billy, who just shrugged in indifference.

"I still haven't figured out why the landlady rented out to her but she doesn't have an issue with either of my forms," he said.

Gladius looked around the apartment. "What happened to all your beautiful things?"

Billy looked at him drolly. "The landlady rented out my apartment to a human and put all my stuff in storage. Need I say more?"

Gladius stared at him in horror. "How could she?!" He stood up and clapped his hands. "We'll fix that right this instant." He looked over at Carly disdainfully. "You don't have a problem with me getting rid of your things do you?"

She shook her head. "I don't mind. I just don't want to be a problem for anyone." She grabbed a few things from around the apartment. "This is all I need."

Billy looked at the pile curiously. "What's all that?"

She smiled, remembering the history of the items at her feet. "They're things that Momma gave me."

Gladius snorted. "You're one of those people that absolutely adore their parents, aren't you?"

She shrugged. "Why shouldn't I adore the woman that gave birth to me and raised me all by herself? She endured many hardships to make sure that I had everything I needed in life. Why would it be wrong to adore and look up to her?"

Gladius sneered in distaste. "Please don't preach to me about how wonderful your mother is. Mine may be the most beautiful being in existence, but her beauty is only skin deep."

Carly looked at Billy who held up his hands in defeat. "My mother was more into collecting all the shiny trinkets she could get her claws on. I mostly fended for myself."

"Enough of this," Gladius said. He snapped his fingers and the room around them twisted, when it righted itself all of her old things had been replaced with beautiful furnishings. "You're welcome."

Billy sat down on the lounge that had appeared in front of the window. "Thanks. Just one little problem. I still have a roommate and only one bed."

Gladius chuckled. "I'm sure you two will figure something out. Vale, my loves." He stopped just in front of the closet door. "I almost forgot. The King of Nightmares has invited you to his bicentennial ball. He expects you to bring a date this time."

Billy groaned. "Let me guess, if I don't he and my mother will find me someone to spend the evening with."

"You got it," he replied before leaving through the closet.

Carly looked at Billy. "Bicentennial ball?"

He sighed in aggravation. "Don't worry about it. So what did you think about meeting a new supernatural being?"

She pressed her lips together. If she said what was going through her mind then she would definitely be seeing Momma rise from the grave. But how could she resist? "Does he get the irony of being gay and constantly go in and out of a closet?"

Billy started laughing. He hadn't even noticed the irony of it until she pointed it out.

NOTE: In regards to this last few sentences, I am not bashing on the LGBT community. I am bi. I make jokes about things that are relevant to me. Plus, I have a surprise brewing for the next post that has to do with this. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this. I am sure there will be many more to come. Have a happy 4th of July weekend!

NOTE 2: Vale = Goodbye in Latin

No comments:

Post a Comment