Alice Frost

Alice Frost

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dark Things

I stopped using this blog a few months ago to switch over to Wordpress. I've talked about this before. I missed all of you. But there is another blog that I have abandoned for much longer that this one.

It was the blog were I let all my darkness seep out into and I left it behind so long ago. I think it's time to bring it back to life. I haven't touch it since November of last year and seeing the dust on it while the darkness swirls inside makes me want to cry.

So starting next week I'll slowly be resurrecting My Zombieverse. I won't be posting on there as regularly as I will be on here but I'm thinking that once the darkness begins to rise again then things will right themselves.

Most of the posts on there circle around Halloween but it's how my blog was before then that I want to get back to. The zombies. That's right. I, a romance author, loves zombies. Reading, movies, makeup, games. I love zombies. I have so many ideas for zombie stories but it doesn't fit within my writing parameters. Another reason for my writing challenge. I want to send my writing to the darkest parts of the horror realm and see what I can do.

Will I lose some readers? Maybe. But then I'll also gain readers who like the darkness spewing from within me. Will I mix my romance roots with the darkness that I'll be stepping into? Most likely. But I am trying to push my boundaries and see what I can do. If I publish anything that comes from my dark writing challenge I'll probably do so under a different pen name.

Yes, I use a pen name. I'm surprised if you haven't figured it out. Why do I use a pen name? I felt that I needed a fresh start. My original works were not something to be applauded. The concept of the stories were great but ultimately I felt that they were not what I wanted to present to my readers. So my pen name came about.

Now that I have gotten off track I'm going to say that if ya'll want to check out Zombieverse then please do. I'll be doing my dark writing challenge over on there so please keep an eye out for any updates (I'll mention them on here and Wordpress).

No comments:

Post a Comment