Alice Frost

Alice Frost

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Slaughtered It

There is a HUGE possibility that I may have over edited my first book. I have gotten a few good replies from my beta readers about book 2. And I pulled out my lovely copy of book 1 and compared my editing notes between the two. Book 2 has a few cuts and bruises while book 1 looks like it has been slaughtered.  So there is a big possibility that once I am done with the series I will be going BACK over book 1 and 'fixing' it AKA changing it back. I am almost done with my edits I have a few more betas to hear back from and then I can begin the wonderful process of rewriting and then submitting it.

Next month is Nanowrimo! I usually participate but I won't be this year. I already am jotting down notes and beginning my outline for the next book in the Millersburg Shifters series. But I am not sure which characters I want to write about.

You can't just change your characters! Yes, yes I can. My outline is constantly changing from what I originally jotted down. I even have a new character that I didn't know was going to show up. Yay more character descriptions....

I have also noticed that I seem to love the word so.... I have edited it out I don't know how many times now from my books and blogs. And the word anyway.... I am not a very prolific word person. Which makes no sense what so ever.

Whatever. That's what a dictionary and thesaurus is for.

But I am very excited. One of my friends has decided to write her own story and so far I am loving what she has researched and outlined. I can't wait for her to finish it so I can read it. I may see if she has any of it written by the time book 3 comes out so I can pop a preview in there for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment